Where to start with the GFANZ Net-Zero Transition Plan
- Translates commitments to action
- Aligns with company strategy
- Enhances communication and understanding
- Framework across 5 themes
- Additional reports for details
Fundamentals of transition plans
How can a net-zero transition plan help your organization on its path to net zero?
- Translating commitments into action
- Integrating net-zero targets with the broader company strategy
- Enabling effective communication with the real economy on transition planning
- Enhancing policymaker and regulator understanding of efforts for risk mitigation and assess progress toward NDCs
When should an organization develop a transition plan and how should it be communicated?
- Once commitments have been made or are considered and initials targets have been set, transition planning and the integration of the plan into overall business strategy are important
- Transition plans should be communicated transparently, eg., in the context of other climate-related reporting
Elements of the GFANZ NZTP
What are the themes and components of the GFANZ NZTP?
The GFANZ NZTP provides a framework for transition planning across 5 themes:
- Implementation Strategy
- Metrics and Targets
- Engagement Strategy
Each theme of the GFANZ NZTP framework encompasses one to 3 components, and 5 workshops in this series offer a deep dive into each theme of the framework
Where can I find more information to start transition planning?
- 2 major publications detail the GFANZ NZTP framework for financial institutions as well as its application in the real economy
- Three additional reports give a more detailed insight into particular areas of interest that are of different relevance to the different NZTP themes.
- All reports are available on the GFANZ website.
More details in the workshop Where to start with the GRANZ NZTP
Read more workshops from GFANZ